Access to Records

Subject Access Requests

The Data Protection Act 2018 gives living individuals the right to request access to personal records held about them by organisations. This is known as a Subject Access Request.  For our Access to Records Policy, please see 'Related Documents' on this page

How to request access to your records

If you wish to make a Subject Access Request, you can do so by completing our Access to Records Form or by writing to the Information Governance Manager at either the postal or email address below:

Information Governance Manager
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG
Gemini House
Bartholomew's Walk
Cambridgeshire Business Park
Angel Drove
Ely CB7 4EA

Alternatively, you can contact the Information Governance Team, via the main switchboard on 03 300 571 025 

When making your request, please include the following details:

  • your name, address, and postcode
  • any relevant case reference numbers
  • the type of information or documents you want to look at including any relevant dates
  • any preferences you have for the way you would like us to send the information to you (for example, hard copy, large print or by email)
  • one form of ID: photocopies of Passport, Driving Licence or Birth Certificate (if you are requesting records on behalf of someone else separate ID will be required, and we will confirm this with you).

Who can make a Subject Access Request?

Any individual can make a Subject Access Request (SAR). An individual may also nominate a representative (such as a solicitor, relative or just someone they trust) to apply on their behalf. In this case, there must be a valid consent signed by the individual who authorises the release of information to the representative.

Will I be charged for access to the records?

In most cases we will not charge a fee to comply with a subject access request.

However, where a request is unfounded or excessive, we may charge a reasonable fee for the administrative costs of complying with a request.

We may also charge a reasonable fee if an individual requests further copies of their data following a request. The fee will only be based on the administrative costs of providing further copies.

When can I expect to receive a response?

We will endeavour to acknowledge your request within two days of receipt. We will act on your request within one month, starting from the day that we receive your request or from when we request any further information from you to help us respond.

Need link to SAR form and policy

Further information on Subject Access Requests can be obtained by visiting the Information Commissioner's Office website.

Patient record data

We do not have access to individual patient record data, known as primary or secondary care health records.

Requests for primary care records need to be made to your relevant GP Practice, dentist, pharmacist or optometrist.

Requests for access to medical records held by Acute and Community Trusts (secondary care) should be sent to the relevant Trust as follows:

Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (Addenbrooke’s and Rosie Maternity)

Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust


Telephone: 01223 219400 (Trust Headquarters)

Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust

North West Anglia Foundation Trust (NWAngliaFT) – Hinchingbrooke Hospital

North West Anglia Foundation Trust (NWAngliaFT) – Peterborough City or Peterborough & Stamford Hospitals

Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Hertfordshire Urgent Care (HUC)

NHS 111 Provider for Cambridgeshire & Peterborough residents


Telephone: 0300 0339982 (Option 2)

Website: HUC Data Protection Privacy statement