Across the area, GP practices, maternity units, Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) organisations, acute hospital trusts, and local authorities work together to provide care and support. All of these organisations form part of, and contribute to, the Children and Maternity Team.
Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust (CCS) is the team captain of the Children and Maternity Team, and as team captain they are responsibile for bringing together our local people, volunteers, and service providers to make it easy for you to access the services you and your family need.
What is our aim?
The aim of the Children and Maternity Team is to develop a collective system-wide vision for children, young people and maternity services. Our overarching priority is to tackle health inequalities, promote choice and personalisation and to keep children safe.
This system wide vision for children, young people and maternity is underpinned by the following strategies:
How will we achieve this?
By working together, with partners, to deliver an integrated care system for maternity, children and young people. We will:
- develop a set of system-wide outcomes for maternity, children and young people
- agree an initial local framework and associated development plan for clinical and care professional leadership with partners across the Integrated Care System (ICS)
- ensure leaders from all clinical and care professions are involved and invested in the vision, purpose and work of their ICS as it matures
- align finances to support the children and maternity system.
We have agreed a number of principles that we will all work to:
- evidence informed, using data to respond to local need and inequalities
- embed co-production with patients and families
- integrate pathways to improve care and outcomes
- collaborate and be jointly accountable
- flexible commissioning arrangements
- sustainability through realignment of existing resources
- clear and transparent decision making.